Monitoring and evaluation
Interim evaluation of the implementation of the direct management component of the Regulation (EU) No 508/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council (European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) Regulation (Articles 15 and 125)) Europe
DG MARE Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (European Commission) - Project Dates:
January 2018 - September 2018
Description of Project:
DG MARE of the European Commission sought an independent Mid-term evaluation of the implementation of the direct management component of the EMFF Regulation.
The evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations will feed into implementation of subsequent direct management spending by the EMFF and possibly an adjustment of the indicative distribution of funds. The evaluation also fed into the ex-ante impact assessment of the “new EMFF” for the programming period after 2020 (planned for 2017).
The evaluation covered all actions financed under the EMFF that have started or where a legal commitment has been made, wherever and whenever they take place. The direct management component includes the following intervention categories:
- the integrated maritime policy
- the collection, management and dissemination of scientific advice under the Common Fisheries Policy
- specific control and enforcement measures under the Common Fisheries Policy;
- voluntary contributions to international organisations;
- Advisory Councils;
- market intelligence;
- technical assistance at the initiative of the Commission.
Poseidon led several work packages and contributed to the overall evaluation.